Walkabout with us! ;P

06 February 2010

Hello from Down Under!

Hi!!!! Just wanted to say hello and to share some info with everyone. Del and I have finally gotten our cell phones out here, so, if you ever need to call, incoming calls are free on these phones. It's just good to have in case of emergency, right?!?! **Check your email for those numbers again please**

So, now that we've gotten that out of the way, here's a quick update on things. We've looked at several apartments here, some of them leave a little to be desired, but none that we just absolutely could not live in. Driving here is proving to be quite the challenge... I mean, wrong side of the road and wrong side of the car! But, we're getting the hang of it well enough. I have to learn how to spell my name in Australian... H's are pronounced "hay-ch" if you don't say it that way, people think you're saying "itch." Kind of funny and a little tough to adapt to since in the US that just sounds like bad grammar or something. Things are a little more expensive, but most noticeable is bottled beverages....... almost $4 for for a flavored drink or juice, about $3.50 for a bottle of coke. Otherwise, things are about as expensive as San Francisco with the exception of electronics (way overpriced). Overall, we're having fun and getting settled in. I'll write again when I get to be on the internet again lol! We've got a limited amount of bandwidth in our temp digs, so we can skype whenever we get our own! Oh, and I'm going to work on getting that little blog up for everyone soon (yay, it's up), then you can share in our mini-adventures here... if interested. We love and miss you all so much!!!! Bye for now!

2 comments:

  1. hello down under, just a fast note to say hello and miss you both. gonna send ya a card to say hello, and give ya a little update on things. Del ... love the creature... holly love the pics. did you really distroy that tire.lol. I guessed right on the vents. knew it was humidity...smiles... boy am i smart. grins... i miss you guys alot and wish i could come see you and the aussy lifestyle. be well love you both mom... aka Renie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Del and Holly ,Bessie is sick.I think she has a urinary tract infection I am going to take her to the vets monday my time, Will let you know what the vet says. Don't worry I am sure she will be ok...love you both Mom

    ReplyDelete