Walkabout with us! ;P

06 February 2010

G'd Evenin' Mates!

Hello! For most of you it's after 6pm on wednesday and a few about 3pm, but here it's after 10am on thursday. Del and I have been keeping quite busy these past few days. We've finally found an apartment (which I will give an address shortly), Del is working, and I've been trying to get things done. I've spent several days filling out apps and printing like crazy to make sure we have everything we need for each apartment before we go to inspect... then out of no where, after finishing my 3 apps for wednesday, I get a phone call telling me we we're approved for a flat... hooray, but all that work lol! Del has been rushing from meeting to training meeting at work and keeping very busy there meeting people and trying to get stuff to compile (sorry, wish I could've said that right, but I don't remember the correct word right now). Driving here is getting better everyday, but still quite confusing at times. The worst is our "for dummies" gps.... I hate that thing, you can't program it while the car is moving, it only tells you streets by road number (i.e. sydney road is 31, but everyone on this continent calls it sydney road, how annoying... even more challenging when you constantly mix up numbers), oh and sometimes it forgets to mention the turn until you've already passed it, then you hear the inevitable "recalculating" in a slightly aussie voice. Roundabouts are still troublesome for me, I keep forgetting that the people coming from the right, have the right of way and then I mix up how to get to certain "exits" from them, so I frequently take the wrong one. Oh well! (should be simple, right?) So, our new flat, will have 2 bedrooms with mirrored closets in each, a small bathroom, a little courtyard (which we are responsible for gardening and upkeep... ugh), comes with a washer (located right where a dishwasher should be), electric stove and oven, hardwood floors in the living room & kitchen, carpet in the bedrooms, and an electric heater in the living room. Here is the link to our apartment, it may only work for another day, but should be down before the weekend. We move in Saturday. http://www.run.com.au/search/property.html?p=PR1037789 We'll send pics upon moving in this weekend. But in the meantime, here is our mailing address: **Please check your email for this information!** * is our apartment number, and ** is our street address, but they are written with a / between the 2 for easy identification of flat #. We are hoping to have our internet connected there soon so that we may skype. But we'll have to see, since I have to look into good plans for us and then get all connected and such. Well, I've gotta get going, but before I write my closing here is a little laugh for the day: Napkins at a restaurant are called "serviettes." Napkins in Australia = Sanitary Napkins or pads! So, if you spill something, ask for a serviette, not a pad lol... and if it's the wrong time of the month, better pack a napkin in your purse lol. And a little piece of Australia to take with: this is called a Magpie-Lark. I spied him on my way home from the market, so snapped some pics for everyone. He's cute, but territorial, he actually flared his wings at me after he approached me lol! Here's a link if you want to read about him (and yes, this one is a boy)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magpie-Lark

Love and Miss you all so much! Take care!






No comments:

Post a Comment